ALEXA DEAN - Co-founder
Alexa is a Doula, Hypnobirthing Childbirth Educator, Placenta Remedies Specialist, Massage Therapist and Yoga Teacher specialised in pregnancy and postnatal. She is passionate about active, positive and conscious birth and supporting pregnant women and new parents through their amazing transformation that parenthood brings forth.
For full details take a look at her website Alexa Dean.
My job is all about you, the baby and your partner (if you have one) to ensure that your childbirth is as positive an experience as possible.
I give it all with an open mind and an open heart. No matter what decisions you make in your pregnancy, birth and life, as long as you have been accurately informed and make decisions that you feel are the right ones, I will support you all the way to help you have the best birth experience you can. That’s what is most important, no matter what the circumstances.
I want to empower you, to make you have confidence in yourself, reassure you about your instinctive ability to give birth, help you make fully informed choices and respect your desires.
My support is non-medical. I’ll be there for you to support you on the emotional and practical side of things. I spend time with you antenatally, getting to know you and your family and as your constant contact and companion during your labour and birth, I will do my utmost to keep you calm, reduce any anxiety you may have by ensuring you feel cared for emotionally and physically without feeling observed or judged when at your most vulnerable. We are a team and as well as all of the above, I am there to help with massaging, breathing, encouraging different positions to help with an active labour. I am also there as your advocate and to help reinforce your birth preferences and what you feel is most important to you during this time.
Though it is my job to ‘mother the mother’, I naturally appreciate the importance and significance of husbands/partners and am always happy to help with any concerns and questions they may have.
My philosophy is that you and your baby are most important. You should trust your instinct and go with what feels right for you. I am there to support and care for you. Women have given birth since the beginning of time - they are strong and their bodies are amazing. So are you.
I'm originally from Argentina, from English stock and I live and work in London since 2001.
Skills and qualifications:
- The Art of Birth with midwife Naolí Vinaver (Mexico) - Florianopolis, Brazil - March 2020
- Nurturing Baby Massage with Bryony Vickers from Birthlight – London – September 2019
- Rebozo Techniques with traditional midwife Angelina Martinez Miranda (Mexico) – Prague, Czech Republic – September 2019
- Mizan Therapy – Adominal Sacral Massage with Bushra Finch – London – July 2019
- Spinning Babies Workshop with Jennifer Walker – Lago d’Orta, Italy – June 2019
- Yoga for Breastfeeding with Françoise Freedman - Birthlight - London - November 2018
- Shiatsu for Birthworkers Part I & II with Suzanne Yates - July 2018 / November 2018
- Closing the Bones Ceremony with Rocio Alarcón - London - October 2018
- Pregnancy Yoga Teacher Training with Uma Dinsmore-Tuli - London - March 2018
- Kids Yoga Teacher Training with Rainbow - London - July 2017
- Doula UK Conference 2017 - Keynote speaker midwife Ina May Gaskin - Manchester - April 2017
- Shamanic Womancraft - Women's Mysteries with midwife Jane Hardwick Collins - Feb 2017-Feb 2018
- Healthy Birth, Healthy Earth Conference - Findhorn Foundation, Scotland - 3-9 September 2016
- Motherwarming Workshop (postnatal support) – with Nicola Goodwall from Wisewomen, London - April 2016
- Bayby Yoga with Sally Lomas – Birthlight, London – March 2016
- New Baby & Me – The Foundations of Parenting – Active Birth Centre, London - February 2016
- Doula UK Conference 2016 – Positive Birth, Supporting Families, London - February 2016
- Khalsa Way Prenatal Teacher Training (80hs) with Gurmukh Kaur Khalsa - Golden Bridge Yoga, Santa Monica, USA - January 2016
- Supporting Every Birth: Understanding Grief and Loss, Michelle Every - November 2015
- Conference: Physiological Birth: Promoting Normality 2015 – Royal College of Obstetritians and Gynaecologists - September 2015
- EFT tapping – Level 1 & 2 – The EFT Centre, Sue Beer and Emma Roberts - September 2015
- Pregnancy Yoga & Childbirth Education - YogaBirth Teacher 200hs - London - June 2014 - September 2015
- Walking Through Pregnancy – BWY Study Day, Judy Cameron and Katheleen Beenan - London - May 2015
- Midwife Assistant Training, The Farm Midwifery Centre, founded by Ina May Gaskin, Tennessee, USA- April 2015
- Restorative Yoga with Judith Lasater, Yogacampus, London - February 2015
- Fertility Massage with Clare Blake, Fertility Massage Therapy - February 2015
- Babywearing Consultant with Fiona Ashman, The School of Babywearing, London - February 2015
- Introductory Breastfeeding Study Day, Indira Lopez-Bassols - November 2014
- Hypnobirthing with Katharine Graves, The Light Centre, London - August 2014
- Rebozo Sifting Techniques with Clare Blake - Fertility Massage Therapy, London - July 2014
- Deep Tissue Masssage Certificate with Trevor Gorard, School of Natural Therapies, London - May 2014
- Pregnancy Massage Certificate with Amy Taylor, Purple Turtle, London - April 2014
- Holistic Full Body Massage Diploma - ITEC 3 - School of Natural Therapies, London - April 2014
- Massage & Pregnancy Diploma with Suzanne Yates, WellMother, Bristol - September 2013
- Undisturbed Birth Day Study with Sarah Buckley - Active Birth Centre, London - July 2013
- Doula Training with Dr. Michel Odent and Liliana Lammers - Paramana Doula UK, London - February 2013
- Postnatal Yoga Certification with Nadia Narain - triyoga, London - April 2013
- Pregnancy Yoga with Nadia Narain - triyoga, London - December 2012
- Vinyasa Flow Yoga (200hs) with Heather Elton and Emil Wendel - Satsanga Retreat, Goa, India - March 2012
- Hatha Yoga (200hs) with Jane Kersel, Kate Ellis and Carlos Pomeda, triyoga, London - December 2011
Alexa Dean, doula london, hypnobirthing london, pregnancy massage london, postnatal massage london, pregnancy yoga london, mum and baby yoga london