I believe that birth is a sacred and powerful rite of passage that can be positive and empowering. Having a doula ensures that you have continuity of care, access to accurate information, an experienced guide along this journey who can hold and protect the space for you.
I listen with an open heart helping you to identify your preferences and support your decisions. If you have a partner, I work with him/her to approach the birth with confidence. The feedback that I most receive from clients is that I bring a sense of calm. And we laugh a lot!
My journey as a doula began at a very young age learning how to care for women before and after birth from my Gogo (Zulu word for Grandmother). I hold a BA (Hons) in Education & Psychology from Bath Spa University where I focused on foetal and children's development, early childhood studies, children's behaviour and developmental psychology. This work is my passion and calling.
I am a:
-Birth and Postnatal Doula
-offer personalised Bump, Birth & Beyond courses
-HypnoBirthing teacher and
-Placenta Remedies Specialist
Have a look at my website here
Skills and Qualifications
- Placenta Remedies Specialist Training - including Basic Infection Control, Food Hygiene level 2 for Maufacturing
and Hazard Analysis Level 2 - January 2017
- Co-facilitating the Bristol Positive Birth Movement meet-up group - April 2013-May 2016
- Teaching Men about Birth workshop with Mark Harris - February 2016
- 7 x 2.5 hour sessions on topics such as Strep B, Prolonged Pregnancy, Obstetric Cholestasis, Induction, Working with Midwives, Growth Scans with Sue Learner (Independent Midwife) - May 2014-May 2016
- Holistic Contraception After Birth workshop with Jane Bennet - June 2014
- Hypnobirthing Teacher Training with Katherine Graves - September 2014
- Breastfeeding Course with April Whincop - March-June 2014
- Paramana Doula Course with Michel Odent and Liliana Lammers - February 2013
- Holistic Contraception with Jane Bennett - November 2012
- BA (Hons) Education & Psychology, Bath Spa University - 2006-2009
Thando Zwane, doula london, hypnobirthing london, birth preparation london